27 July 2017

through the looking glass

Location: Melbourne VIC, Australia

A selection (basically all of them) of my favourite photos from my friend, the humbly talented Sunny (instagram @s.wei_) 


8am wake up call on a winters Sunday morning to capture the last of the autumn leaves. 
He made me stand on tram tracks and climb trees, but you know, all in the name of 'art' haha joking.


Funnily enough Sunny and I have actually been friends for basically 6 years! We went to Chinese school together on Sundays and both completed our VCE 3/4 together (he was BOMB at Chinese, our teacher 很爱他 haha). His account started commenting on a few of my instagram pictures and then asked to shoot when I'm back in Melbourne. I thought it was a Melbourne photographer, clicked on his page and was blown away by his moody but still vibrant red and purple toned photos. 
And I thought, alright, this guy seems legit, let me reply him and slide into his DMs HAHA.
 
After a few too polite exchanges, I finally realised he was the SUNNY SUN I have always known hahah, 
so when I was back in Melbourne in April/May we ventured out and tried to capture the beauty of Melbourne.
Hope you enjoy!

This was just a rundown hotel/bar across the street from the 109 Victoria St tram tracks.


Heading back into the suburbs, Melbourne is GORGEOUS in the Spring and Autumn as we are so lucky to have so many streets lined full of trees. Sunny experimented with a light pyramid (I think that's what it's called) 
and we got a few funky light refraction shots, like the one below.


Black Spur
An hour drive from Melbourne CBD but wow, I never knew this place even existed. 
A particularly foggy morning was chosen, and it definitely added to the creepy, ethereal, vast feel of the landscape. 
The trees go so far up, you will break you neck trying to see the tip. We arrived at 7am in the morning and it was so silent you could practically hear the mist falling. 


The smog was so thick that walking into it, my eyes started clouding up haha. 
I styled this flowy silk like ASOS skirt and I felt like it really added to the 'forest nymph' feels.


The scenery, colouring and outfit just made this photo look like it was from another time...


On our way back we spotted these tiny "Christmas Trees", and I just had to stop and get a few photos of this Christmas in June haha. 


We also stopped by the tree plantation, and there were so many overlooming grand trees, you really feel like you're walking through a movie set for a live action fairytale film, or...almost like you're in Yosemite Park. I stress the almost haha.

Sunny also filmed my Gucci Sylvie Bag Review here and we took a few photos to showcase the bag and I LOVED these.


See the bag video here

Find Sunny here:
Instagram @s.wei_https://www.instagram.com/s.wei_/
Website https://swei.space/
PS, check out his Japan photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment