20 July 2017

staying at a french chateau

Location: Paris, France

A classic French château.
"Particulier is a word with two meanings, and the Saint James Paris embodies both. 
Imagined like a famous family's private home, it is an architectural jewel that now welcomes paying guests. 
A hôtel particulier in every way.
In fact, the Saint James Paris is so special it almost defies definition.
Built in the 19th century on the site of Paris’ first aerodrome, it was the neoclassical home of the Thiers Foundation for over a century.
Today the Saint James Paris remains an exuberant masterpiece, but more so than ever before.
It's a bourgeois estate, a château and an experience to treasure. Where priceless expertise delights every sense."
This is the description I found on the website and it captures the feeling perfectly!
I saw a Melbourne blogger @Thetiafox stay here and I immediately put it on my dreamlist of hotels to stay at (yes I have a list just for that).
We decided on staying one night at a 5 star luxury hotel and spending the rest in an airbnb, because when in Paree you have to indulge like the French!
In comparison to other 5 star hotels it was a little bit more cheaper (~$500 compared to the $700+ of other hotels). 

More information down below!

Now that I've finally gotten off my derrière and restarted this blog, this is something that has been in my drafts since January...
a blast from an icy winter's past in Pareeeee ! 

Location

43, Avenue Bugead
16eme arrondissement
The 16th arrondissement of Paris is France's third richest district, so it is fancy!
Filled with museums, beautiful tree lined avenues and prestigious school it is a 20 minute walk from Avenue Champs-Eylsées 


The room
Much to our surprise, we were upgraded to a suite upon our arrival!
It was a beautiful two level, wallpaper filled room and I felt like I was stepping into a fairytale bedroom.
The amenities are quite old but that all adds to the classic experience (although, the shower head HURTS haha)


Each room in our suite had different wallpaper and this continued throughout the entire hotel.
My favourite was the hot air balloon staircase, which brought the hot air balloon themed garden inside.


The hotel
The hotel has a restaurant, a bar and a guerlain spa. 
We did have time to sample the breakfast and it was in such a grand room oh my gosh I could barely keep my mouth closed in between bites haha!
It also has a private garden which is great for outside dining in the summer, oh so I hear...
However just walking around the hotel and peeking at the 49 rooms and suites was enough entertainment for me!
Needless to say the service was impeccable and I felt like I was the daughter of a bourgeois family coming home haha.


For a similar price, you can choose to stay in the luxurious international 5-star hotels,
but to get a real feel of Paris while you're out walking the streets and whilst you rest at feet back at the hotel, I would recommend this place!

I also filmed a vlog while staying here, so see these photos in action:



À bientôt!
(See you soon hehe)


No comments:

Post a Comment