28 June 2015

Clash of colours

Location: Moganshan Lu, 50 Mo Gan Shan Lu, Putuo Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000

Arhnhem playsuit (exact), Lack Of Color hat (same style), Jo Mercer boots, Colette earrings, The Peach Box necklace

OI OIIII GUESS WHO FINISHED THEIR EXAMS ???
MEEEEEEE !

Okay so I've finished first year for the second time, nothing exciting or anything new there haha. Maybe this time, I'll make it to second year...maybe.

So half the year is already gone, and not much has changed besides my sense of style HAHAHA. Ever since I started following all these tropical, fruity, beachy Instagrams, my style has been swayed towards the bohemian, hippie style. It is just so beautiful ! I've always loved colours and prints and the bohemian style just clashes them both together so beautifully. I love how you can wear such bright and intrinsic patterns and you can still accessorise without looking your whole wardrobe just vomited on you. 

And of course I've discovered some gorgeous free spirited brands and online stores. My first and foremost love affair is with Spell Designs (click), their colours aren't as bold as this playsuit here, this brand has more of a mature colour palette, everything from dreamy kimono's to cute matching intimate sets, crochet lace pants and bad ass biker jackets, urghhhh so much clothes drool !!! 
My next favourite is Arnhem Clothing (click), the playsuit I'm sporting here is from them ! I would describe them as a younger, wilder, bolder, brighter (and cheaper) version of Spell Designs. Bright clashing patterns splashed across kimono's, playsuits, intimates, shorts and mini dresses, this brand is just my inner wanderlust, bohemian spirit all bundled up into an online store. I've always loved the embellished and colourful ensembles of sari's, and a lot of Arnhem's pieces are inspired by them.

Oh funny story, I went out from a few of my girlfriends and was asked if I was from Melbourne, completely outta the blue ! I asked how they knew and they said, well you a really strong Australian accent (bogan me, hooray) and you were most likely from Sydney or Melbourne but you dress like you're from Melbourne. And I was like oh what is 'Melbourne' style. And they said, well Sydney people dress more like people from Los Angeles and Melbourne girls dress like they're from New York, more culture, more individual style. HEHEHEHE, being a future citizen of New York, that was such a compliment ! So holla Melbourne girls, your style is on point (Sydney, you don't do too bad either hehe)

Now that uni has finally wrapped up I'm on school holidays, so the next post from me will hopefully be express delivered to you from saweeet saweeeeet MELBOURNE :D
SEE YA SOON

Jenny 
Oh, so candid !


No comments:

Post a Comment